Computer use can cause dry, irritated eyes that burn. It may also cause itching or watering, eye fatigue, difficulty in focusing or glare-related headaches.
Tips to help:
- Take regular vision breaks looking away from the monitor every 15-20 minutes
- Consciously blink to keep eyes more moist
- Arrange the monitor to avoid glare on the screen
- Adjust the monitor so that it is at least 20″ away and that the top of the monitor is at eye level
- Keep the screen free of fingerprints, dirt and dust
Still having difficulties? Schedule an appointment with your doctor to discuss eye-wear options such as anti-reflective coating to reduce glare or computer glasses designed to optimize your computer vision.